Fourth of July is fast approaching! Steal the thunder from the fireworks show with one of these three cute patriotic manicures. ORLY artists share their step-by-step insights on how to create these sparkling styles.
Orly Spazmatic, Rockets Red Glare, White Out
Stars and Stripes (Shown on Left Hand) designed by Elsye Piwonka of ORLY.
1. Paint 2 coats of White Out on all nails with the exception of your thumb.
2. Paint 2 coats of In the Navy on your thumb.
3. Beginning at your pointer finger, use Fiery Red to create the lines going towards the nail tip. Do this step on each nail working towards your pinky.
4. Using Platinum Glitter, create 3 stars on the thumb.
5. Once all layers have dried, seal with Glosser.
Firework Flurry (Shown on Right Hand) designed by Elsye Piwonka of ORLY.
1. Apply 2 coats of Haute Red to all nails with the exception of the ring finger as this will be your fireworks accent nail.
2. Apply 1 coat of Spazmatic on top of the Haute Red.
3. Paint 2 coats of White Out onto your ring finger.
4. Once dry, begin by drawing half moon shaped lines using Fiery Red to create the firework effect following the pattern in the image.
5. After the Fiery Red has dried, create the same pattern using True Blue.
6. Add in Platinum Glitter on top of the fireworks to create a shimmering effect.
7. Once all layers are completely dry, finish with Glosser.
Flag Accent Nail
This cute flag look was created by Shaina Martin of ORLY and paired with the white and red concept by Elyse Piwonka of ORLY.
Here’s how to:
1. Apply 2 coats of White Out as the base color.
2. Apply 1 coat of Rockets Red Glare to all fingers except the ring finger.
3. Using your ring finger as your accent nail, use True Blue and paint along the cuticle to create the outline of the blue portion of the flag. Fill in the outline.
4. Beginning at the cuticle, use Fiery Red to create the lines going towards the nail tip.
5. Once you have let Step 3 and 4 dry completely, use Platinum Glitter over the True Blue to create a shimmering star effect.
6. After all layers have dried completely, finish the look using Glosser.
Find all mentioned polishes at orlybeauty.com.
[Images: ORLY International]