It’s almost Christmas! If anything should be festive right now it should definitely be your nails. Follow the steps below from Britney Tokyo so you can recreate a sweet candy cane design. This ain’t your grandma’s holiday mani!
1. Prep the nail and apply base coat. Once it’s dry, apply a thin layer of foil adhesive. Allow it to dry until it’s clear.
2. Press a sheet of gold foil firmly over the nail. Remove the foil after several seconds.
3. Use a striping brush to paint the shape of a candy cane with white polish. (Think of it as painting a backward J.)
4. Use a striping brush to paint thick, slightly sloping red horizontal lines across the candy cane.
5. Use a detail brush to outline the candy cane with black polish.
6. Then, paint light green mistletoe leaves near the top half of the candy cane, and outline the leaves with black polish. Apply a dab of top coat to the space where the leaves meet and, with pointed-tip tweezers, adhere two tiny red crystals. Seal the design with top coat.
Watch this step-by-step in action in the video below.