By Mimi D
With holidays like “National Coffee Day,” “National Ice cream Day” and “National Best Friend Day,” one nail artist thought “Why isn’t there a day for nail art?” And the concept for a holiday to celebrate nail art was born!
International Nail Art Day was created in 2013 by Mimi D (@nailsbymimi). INAD’s mission is to unite nail artists and nail art lovers all around the world, and each year a global nail art contest is held on Instagram. Early winners included artists from the U.S. and India! In its early years INAD was celebrated solely on social media. In recent years INAD has gotten nail art lovers out of the house with the incorporation of a Finders Keepers Game! Nail artists were stationed at major landmarks in a major city. Players of the game were given location clues to find a nail artist. The first players to find an artist won a prize! With the hope of new cities added each year, the goal for years to come is to play the game all over the world!
You may be wondering, “How does one celebrate INAD?” Well, here are a few ways you can celebrate International Nail Art Day on August 5th:
1. Share your story of how nail art has impacted your life.
2. Let a fellow nail artist know how much they’ve inspire you or how much you love their work.
3. Get matching manicures with your friends!
You can also join in on the INAD fun a little early by entering our INAD Nail Art Contest where TWO winners will receive a polish prize pack.
1. The design can be on artificial or natural nails, and it must be on a real hand.
2. Include “I [heart] Nail Art” or “INAD” in the design.
3. Mention @nailartholiday in your Instagram post. Be sure to include the hashtag #nailartday2017
Multiple entries are allowed.
No private accounts.
All entries must be received by July 31st at 11:59pm EST
Winners will be announced Aug 1st!
There’s no wrong way to celebrate INAD! Nail art brings so much joy and allows so much creative expression. So join us as we celebrate and share with the world our love for nail art and the artists who put their heart into their work. Follow @nailartholiday for details!
[Image: Courtesy of Mimi D]