On February 10, Alanna Wall, the founder of Polished Girlz, created two sets of nails for the Raul Penaranda presentation at the Society of Illustrators, as a part of New York Fashion Week.
One look was a black set with a gradient glitter accent nail, while the second set was white with a newspaper print and red flower accent nail. Here, we have the tutorials to mimic the look from the show.
- Using Willa by Zoya, create full coverage black nails.
- Use the ring finger for the accent, featuring a gradient technique using Azature Red, applied from the mid nail to the cuticle.
- Once dry, select octagonal glitter from OPI Pirouette My Whistle to line the lower moon of the cuticle.
- Create full coverage white nails with White Porcelain by INM.
- On the ring finger, transfer newspaper print onto the nail by laying a small piece of newspaper over the dry nail and press down on it with a cotton ball socked in rubbing alcohol.
- Once dry, set the nail with top coat.
- Create hand-drawn flowers with Essie’s Red Hiking Hills.
[Images: Jack Paulus for Dream Central Studios]