The weather is warming up fast, meaning that soon it’ll be time to hit the beach. What better way of celebrating a day at the beach than by embracing your inner mermaid. Using a dark shimmering gradient, and a scale-shaped stencil, nail artist Amy Tran (@amyytran) created this marine look. She shows us here how to obtain this fanciful mermaid pattern before you hit the beach.
What you’ll need:
- + Makeup sponge
- + Kiesque Liquid Palisade
- + Azature Faint White Diamond
- + Colour Prevails Blue Blood
- + Colour Prevails Blind Date
- + Snail Vinyls Mermaid vinyl
- + Glisten & Glow HK Girl Top Coat
- Start with a white base coat and let it dry. This will ensure that the other colors really pop.
- Paint on Liquid Palisade from Kiesque, around your cuticles.
- Place your Mermaid Vinyl over the base once it’s entirely dry.
- Apply your colors onto a latex free makeup sponge, creating your gradient on the sponge.
- Dab sponge onto the nail. Use a side-to-side or an up-and-down motion to blend your colors.
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 until you reached your desired opacity.
- Remove vinyl immediately and remove Liquid Palisade.
- Apply top coat and you’re done!
Images and video: Amy Tran