With glitter galore, here’s a manicure fit for a mermaid! Watch as the owner of MARS the Salon of West Hollywood, Hiroko Fujikawa, demonstrates step by step how to get the look.
1. Apply a base coat.
2. Apply gold glitter nail polish to the thumb and pinky fingers. Apply a light pink nail polish on the index finger and a light blue nail polish on the middle and ring fingers, creating a half moon with the negative space.
3. Sponge a darker blue and pink nail polish onto the tips of the respective light colored nails to create gradation.
4. Draw the body of the mermaid with a light beige nail polish on the middle finger.
5. Draw the mermaid’s hair with a yellow nail polish.
6. Draw the fin of the mermaid with a green nail polish on the middle and ring fingers.
7. Shade the tip of the fin with a light green nail polish.
8. Draw a pink shell bra on the mermaid.
9. Use a striping brush to outline the mermaid.
10. Apply a gold glitter nail polish on the free edge of index finger, creating gradation.
11. Draw a shell with a light purple nail polish on the index finger.
12. Using a thin nail art brush and purple polish, draw the outer lines of the shell with a dark purple nail polish.
Check out MARS the Salon for more!
[Images: MARS the Salon]