Give your floral prints some edge! Ariann Ugale (@ariannyani) mixed up her otherwise sweet and innocent red flowers by painting them over a black lace-up corset background! Here’s the colors and steps used to get the look:
- After applying base coat, apply the black polish as base. Let it dry.
- Use a striping brush draw a diagonal lines parallel to each other using a white acrylic.
- Then draw diagonal lines the other direction to form a criss-cross pattern.
- Using a red polish, draw petals like a leaf shape for your base flower.
- Then use a thin detail brush to add pink acrylic paint to highlight the flower. Brush on the paint starting at the center and outwards, leaving some of the red showing at the edges.
- Use a dotting tool to pick up some yellow acrylic paint, then put 3 small dots at the center of the flower.
- Using green acrylic paint, create leaves on the sides of the flower.
- Using a lighter green to highlight the darker leaves. Then using a dotting tool to put smaller black dots in the center of the yellow dots. Let it dry. Apply top coat to seal the look in!
Find Ariann online:
Images: Ariann Ugale