Katniss Everdeen may be incredibly tough, but what’s even more impressive is her ability to keep her shiny side braid perfectly intact in the heat of battle. To help you channel some of that girl power, we have the step-by-step for Katniss’ Mockingjay hair – check it out:
1. Start with clean, dry hair.
2. Apply Pravana NEVO Hydra Pearls to your hair and brush through until smooth.
3. Part your hair to one side. Gather it from the apex to the recession, and divide the hair into three strands.
4. For this Dutch-style braid, you will begin by crossing the middle strand over the right strand, then the middle strand over the left strand.
5. Work in this fashion diagonally around your head and into the other side while gathering hair into the outer strand then crossing under the middle strand. *It is important to hold your hands where the braid will rest, so as not to create bulges in the finished braid.
6. Finish braiding through the length of your hair.
7. Secure the ends with an elastic band, leaving a small strand of hair out. Wrap the strand around the elastic band, then secure with a bobby pin.
8. Sprinkle Pravana NEVO Lived-In directly on the completely braid and pat into your hair. Gently pull the braid strands out to fatten and add volume to your braid.
[Courtesy of Pravana]